- turn OP-1 off.
- disconnect the usb cable.
- wait three seconds.
- press and hold the COM key on the OP-1 while turning the power on. this will take you to the TE-BOOT screen.
- press T1 or 1/IN on OP-1 to select upload firmware.
- connect OP-1 to computer using the usb cable. OP-1 will appear as a removable disk on your computer.
- copy the firmware file to the root of the removable disk.
- eject the removable disk.
- press the COM button on OP-1.
note: if the OS revision number at OP-1 startup is same or greater than the currently available download version, then you should not update.
the latest firmware can be found here: teenage.engineering/downloads#os_updates