a recalibration of OB-4 may sometimes be needed if the controls and dials are not behaving as expected. before going through with this procedure first make sure to update the OB-4 firmware to the latest os version, through the orthoplay app. also make sure the battery is charged or that OB-4 is connected to a power outlet.
do not touch any of the dials or buttons while the unit calibrates itself as doing so can cause permanent damage to the device. make sure you understand this before starting this calibration.
got it? ok then, here's how to do it:
- turn on your OB-4 and wait for it to start up in any mode.
- press and hold down [input] and [play] together for 18 seconds until the text 'hold play to perform motor calibration' is displayed on the led display.
- release both buttons and then press and hold [play] until 'calibrating' is shown on the display.
- OB-4 will start calibrating itself.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE DIALS OR BUTTONS WHILE THE UNIT IS CALIBRATING AS DOING SO CAN CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE TO THE DEVICE.
- after the calibration process is complete you should find that operation is back to normal and that you have restored full control of the motors and functions.
should the issue still persist then do let us know so we can assist.
additional OB–4 resources: