note: this article is for OP-1 original. see this article for OP–1 field:
OP–1 is a class compliant, plug-and-play usb midi device and needs to be connected to a usb host for midi operations. OP–1 can either be free from sync, be the master unit, or be synced to external clock. follow the steps below to configure OP–1 for midi use:
- use the provided usb cable to connect to a computer or a usb host.
- for sync options, press TEMPO and turn GREEN.
three modes are available:
- free (midi is sent/received, clock ignored)
- beat match (midi is sent/received, internal clock, OP–1 is the master unit)
- sync (midi is sent/received, OP–1 is synced by external clock if detected)
- select the sync mode desired for OP–1.
- see the manuals of your external devices on how to configure and connect these.
|midi information used||sent||received|
|note on / off||√||√|
|velocity||fixed at 127||√|
|song position pointer||√||√|