OP-1 is a class compliant, plug-and-play usb midi device and needs to be connected to a usb host for midi operations. OP-1 can either be free from sync, be the master unit, or be synced to external clock. follow the steps below to configure OP-1 for midi use:
- use the provided usb cable to connect to a computer, or usb host.
- for synchronization, press TEMPO and turn GREEN.
three modes are available:
- free (midi is sent/received, clock ignored)
- beat match (midi is sent/received, internal clock, OP-1 is the master unit)
- sync (midi is sent/received, OP-1 is synced by external clock if detected)
- select the sync mode desired for OP-1.
- see the manual for your external devices on how to configure/connect these.
midi reference chart:
|midi information used||sent||received|
|note on / off||√||√|
|velocity||fixed at 127||√|
√ using the midi lfo
|song position pointer||√||√|