teenage engineering uses lithium ion batteries in our rechargable products. it is perfectly safe to keep these products connected for daily use.
for portable use, here are some general tips on how to maintain battery health:
- minimize exposure to high temperatures in storage or use.
- minimize exposure to low temperatures, especially when charging.
- minimize time spent at 100%
- minimize time spent at 0% charge.
- avoid using fast charging unless needed.
- avoid discharging devices more quickly than is needed.
- avoid use or storage in high moisture environments.
- avoid mechanical damage.
- follow manufacturer's calibration instructions.
- charge at least every 6 months.
some of our products have the function to toggle charging on and off, even when connected to a power source. please consult the guide of your product to see how to do this.