TX–6 can transmit and recieve wireless midi over ble (bluetooth le). midi out from TX–6 is sent over channel 1. midi in is recieved over channels 1 though 9. see the midi, and midi reference chapters for more information.
here's an example how you can use external wireless midi from OP–1 field to play the TX–6 internal synthesizer:
- press shift + select and find SYNTH in the menu.
- tap select and then turn select until it says PLAY.
- tap shift and then choose MIDI from the menu.
- tap select and make sure NOTE is set to ON by clicking and then turning select.
- tap shift to go back and then choose BLE.
- turn select clockwise until it says SCAN.
OP–1 field setup
- turn down the volume on OP–1 field to zero.
- press shift + com and tap the blue encoder. TX–6 and OP–1 field will pair.
- press T1 for MIDI.
- turn blue to midi channel 7.
- turn gray to notes out.
- press back. done!
now you can play notes C, D, E, F, G, A on OP–1 field to trigger the sounds assigned to track 1-6 on TX–6. try using these same notes in a sequencer. enjoy!
additional TX–6 resources: