both the aux and cue outputs can be used for monitoring and recording, as well as for creating effect loops and sending sync. in this article we'll utilize the aux output to add external effects to TX–6. here's how:
- connect aux out from TX–6, to the inputs of your first external effect. usually a mini jack to jack, or a mini jack to rca cable will do the trick.
- connect the outputs of the first effect to the inputs of the second one, using the proper cable or adapter.
- continue the chain as long as you want, and finally connect the outputs of the last effect, back into one of the inputs on TX–6.
- tap the aux button to show the aux page, then hold a track button and turn select to adjust the aux send level for individual tracks. beware when sending the incoming return signal back through aux out as this will create feedback.
- make sure you have signals coming in and carefully adjust the track levels.
you should now be able to enjoy your connected instruments with the added effect signal from your external effect loop. this can be super creative and is key to finding your unique setup and sound. good luck and have fun experimenting!
additional TX–6 resources: